centers are important gathering places that offer quality after-school
programs. Many studies have been done on teen centers and have
shown that they:
the likelihood that teens will be victims of violent crime
teen participation in risky behaviors, such as drug, alcohol,
and tobacco use
teens to develop new skills and interests
teens' grades and academic achievement
teens to reach higher in planning their futures
teens' self-confidence and social skills*
a teen center in your town?
Want to have
a Youth Center in your town? Contact us with your name,
address, and phone number as well as your email and we will
do a survey to see if there is sufficient interest to begin.
1. Inquire of
city officials to see if there are any current plans for
a youth center. Offer to start one with their assistance.
2. Survey citizens to see if there is sufficient interest.
3. Locate acceptable site for center.
4. Contract with local vendors for any remodeling.
5. Arrange for City inspection.
6. Arrange for any licenses.
7. Install fixtures such as tables, chairs, amusement devices
and vending machines.
8. Obtain volunteers and other staffing for the center.
Train staff and volunteers.
9. Contact local media and have grand opening.
10. Advertise for youth to join the center and have fun.
11. Observe staff for first week or two.
the youth center works
a youth center in your town?
you for your support.